Apply Now –Latest Date 9th February 2020
About the Fellowship Program
Operation Total Impact (OTI) has organized a 3 month hybrid volunteerism Fellowship program to transform followers to leaders and leaders to agents of change. This program will involve working with OTI as a volunteer and at same time in a learning process to apt skills with the theme “Impact for Excellence”. This program target youths with little or no work experience who are passionate about social issues in developing their communities and the world at large. This program will cover activities and learning process in the following Social Issue Areas; Education, Peace/Conflict Resolutions, Youth/Leadership Development, Entrepreneurship, Humanitarian Relief/Human Right and Justice.
At the Youth Hybrid Volunteerism Fellowship Program, the study of practical occurs in the context of history and contemporary Leadership. Breadth of intellectual pursuit is considered a virtue in the development of a well-rounded leader. Founded upon the premises that there is an integral relationship between theory and practical, this program is to synchronize classroom lectures and field work among the volunteer body thus, given the volunteers a foretaste of practical leadership. The methodology to be used will be; on the job training, presentations from facilitators, class brainstorming, reflections from passed projects and by observation. It is critical that future leaders and executives be obedient and frank individuals, dependable and has the ability to accomplish assigned tasks within agreed time limits, possesses eloquence, soft speech and good listening ability which make it possible for them to work in a team as well as within a community and can communicate along a wide range of audience, which is a valuable skill for front-liners in every organization.
The development of proficient communication skills is a focus of the Youth Hybrid Volunteerism Fellowship Program practical curriculum. OTI-ORG anticipates that at the end of the Fellowship, each volunteer supposed to have done and understood the following:
✓ Set strategic vision
✓ Research effectively,
✓ Analyze with precision,
✓ Write clearly
✓ Speak persuasively.
✓ Accomplishment of assigned tasks within agreed time limits
Who is eligible to apply? What are the criteria for selection?
- Must be 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission
- Must be able to communicate in English or French
- Must be able to read and write in any of the above mentioned languages
- Must be willing to contribute towards community development
- Must be willing to work with people from different religious background and race.
- At the end of the program, participants will be awarded with certificates of work, appreciation backed by the government and international institutions.
- Participants will be taking through various forms of leadership training to prepare them for leadership role in their various endeavors.
- Participants will benefit from network
- Participants will receive recommendations after the program.
- Free networking opportunities
- Free food and drinks at our events
- Certificates of appreciation from government ministry
- Recommendation letters to programs and university
- Opportunities to travel globally for seminars, conferences, fellowships and competitions